Galil Motion Control Inc., the industry leader in motion control technology, has released the Galil Design Kit. This is Galil's newest software environment, providing easy communication with Galil's motion controllers and PLCs. Galil recently introduced the new scope and tuner to GDK's growing list of tools and capabilities. All tools are customizable by editing the XLM, located in the “more options” menu at the top right corner of the software.
“The scope and tuner tools of GDK now provide customers with the functionality to easily troubleshoot and tune a system,” said Amber Ehardt, applications and marketing engineer with Galil Motion Control. GDK's wide range of tools increases the motion control system's performance and decreases integration time and effort.”
GDK currently includes these six tools:
- Scope: emulates a traditional digital oscilloscope.
- Tuner: assists in optimizing a system’s performance.
- Terminal: sends commands and receives responses from the controller.
- Editor: writes, saves and executes application programs.
- Viewer: enables real-time viewing of the controller's I/O status, motor position and more.
- Setup: reads, edits, saves and restores all controller memory.