Home » Dana Announces Agreement to Acquire Power Transmission and Fluid Power Businesses of Brevini Group
Dana Announces Agreement to Acquire Power Transmission and Fluid Power Businesses of Brevini Group
November 28, 2016
Dana Incorporated has announced a definitive agreement to purchase the power-transmission and fluid power businesses of Brevini Group, S.p.A.
Under terms of the agreement, Dana plans to initially purchase an 80 percent share in the Brevini businesses, with an option to purchase the remaining 20 percent by 2020. Dana has valued 100 percent of the Brevini businesses at €325 million, including the assumption of approximately €100 million of net debt.
The acquisition will immediately expand Dana's product portfolio with adjacent technologies and establish Dana as the only off-highway solutions provider that can manage the power to both move the equipment and perform its critical work functions. It adds technologies for tracked vehicles, doubling Dana's addressable market for off-highway driveline systems. It also provides a platform of proven technologies that can be leveraged in Dana's light- and commercial-vehicle end markets, helping to accelerate the company's hybridization and electrification initiatives.
"Brevini is a strong, well-run business that shares Dana's commitment to serving customers with advanced technologies that deliver exceptional performance and durability," said James Kamsickas, president and chief executive officer of Dana."We have long admired Brevini's exceptional products, customer focus, and company culture, which are some of the most pertinent reasons we specifically targeted this acquisition – at this opportune time in the off-highway business cycle."
The transaction will be funded with cash on hand, with existing Brevini debt to be refinanced in the future. Subject to customary regulatory approvals, the acquisition is expected to close in early 2017. Dana expects the purchase to be accretive to earnings in 2017.
The acquisition of Brevini aligns with Dana's enterprise strategy, which includes leveraging core expertise, strengthening customer centricity, expanding global markets, commercializing new technologies, and accelerating hybridization and electrification.