Hydraulic Institute Honors Coussens with Member of the Year Award
(Left to right) Pete Gaydon, Michael Coussens and Mick Cropper.
The Hydraulic Institute (HI) board of directors named Michael Coussens, director of development and chief engineer – Peerless Pump Company, as its 2016 Member of the Year. The award was conferred to Coussens during HI’s 2017 Annual Conference & Centennial Celebration Gala held March 10th at the JW Marriott Grande Lakes, in Orlando, Florida.
Coussens was selected for his tireless dedication to HI standards development, volunteerism, and his many significant technical contributions to the industry. He has held leadership positions on more than eight technical committees over the past eight years. Currently, he holds leadership positions as:
· Chair of Rotodynamic Pump Design & Operation Section
· Vice-Chair Standards Committee
· Chair 9.6.7 Effects of Liquid Viscosity on Rotodynamic Pump Performance
· Co-Chair 14.3 Rotodynamic Pump Design & Application
· Co-Chair 40.7 HI Program Guide for HI Pump Test Laboratory Approval
· Vice-Chair Fire Pump Committee
· Vice-Chair 14.6 Rotodynamic Pump Test
Pete Gaydon, technical director, HI, added, “Michael distinguishes himself by the level and extent of his leadership to advance the technical work of HI on many levels. With his calm demeanor and attention to detail, he has been a great mentor and role model for our young engineers. His tireless dedication to standards development and many significant technical contributions to the industry sets him apart.”