The Business of Plugging-in
(October 19-21, 2009)
MotorCity Hotel and Conference Center. Detroit, MI. Retired four-star General Wesley Clark is headlining lineup of industry leaders for the Business of Plugging-in, a plug-in electric vehicle conference.
"DTE Energy is thrilled to have Gen. Clark provide keynote remarks at The Business of Plugging in Conference," says Anthony Earley, chairman and CEO of DTE Energy and a speaker at the conference. "As former Supreme Allied Commander of NATO Forces and an important voice in contemporary energy and security discussions, General Clark is a great addition to the speaker roster. I look forward to hearing his perspective on the role that plug-in vehicles will play in securing a cleaner and more sustainable transportation system."
More than 60 speakers are scheduled to present at this two-day conference that features keynote sessions and panel discussions on such topics as a national strategy to support plug-in electric vehicles, battery technology, infrastructure developments, creating a PEV ready workforce, and consumer acceptance.
Other speakers include:
- Peter Darbee, chairman of the board, chief executive officer and president of Pacific Gas & Electric Corporation
- Anthony Earley, Jr., chairman and CEO, DTE Energy
- William Ford, chairman, Ford Motor Company
- David W. Joos, president and CEO, CMS Energy
- Ray Lane, managing partner, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
- Richard Lowenthal, founder and CEO, Coulomb Technologies, Inc.
- Doug Parks, senior vice president, business development and attraction, Michigan Economic Development Corporation
- Tony Posawatz, P.E., vehicle line director, Chevrolet Volt, and co-chairman, Electric Vehicle Drive Association
- Juergen Reers, managing partner, Roland Berger Strategy Consultants
- Anne Marie Sastry, Ph.D., professor of mechanical, biomedical, and materials science and engineering, University of Michigan and CEO, Sakti3
- David Vieau, president and CEO, A123Systems
- Brian P. Wynne, president, Electric Drive Transportation Association