Parker Introduces Ironless Linear Positioner
Parker’s Electromechanical Automation Division, a leading supplier of motion control technology, announces the latest additions to its family of Trilogy I-Force positioners. Built around the 110 model of Trilogy’s I-Force ironless motors, the T1D and T1S include everything needed for motion except the drive and controller.
The design goal for these ready-to-run positioners is to achieve high performance while preserving the design flexibility to accommodate customization. Trilogy’s positioners have selectable single- or dual-square rail bearings to match the performance and cost requirements for each application. In addition, they are designed to connect together using transition plates for XY or multi-axis configurations.
Options include a variety of cable management systems, optical or magnetic encoders and drive connectorization. In addition, these new Parker trilogy positioners are suited for applications in
the lab automation, small vertical axes (the T1S), medical, printing, lightweight scanning/sorting, microscopy and light assembly markets. They can be used with Parker Compax3, Aries, Gemini and ViX drives and are also compatible with most third-party drives (except Yaskawa).
Key product standard features include:
- I-Force ironless linear motor design for maximum efficiency,
- Patented, RE34674 110 Series motor
- Aluminum base, selectable thickness for rigidity and stiffness requirements
- Peak forces in two sizes to 46 lbs (203 N); continuous forces to 10
lbs (45 N)
- High-quality bearings for maximum life, load and speed
- Travel lengths to 33.6 inches (853.44 mm) in 2.4 inches (60.96 mm)
- Speeds to 180 inches per second (4.5 meters/sec)
- Accelerations to 6g's
- Over travel limits and home sensor
- Internal thermal cutout switch protects coil
Options for the T1S and T1D Series include:
- Magnetic encoders for industrial environments or optical encoders
with resolutions down to 0.1um (0.000 04”)
- Multiple carriages
- Flying leads or connector box with cables compatible with Parker’s
Compax3, Gemini, ViX, and Aries drives.
Available accessories include a variety of encoder resolutions, cable tracks, Z-axis
counterbalances, multi-axis transition kits and laser alignment options.
The four main elements of the positioner are the linear motor, linear bearings, linear encoder and mechanics (base, carriage plates, bumpers, brackets and cable track). Parker Trilogy positioners use ground steel or aluminum bases for flatness and parallelism.